- 1 Whole nutmeg
- 10 Whole cloves
- 1 Cassia Stick (sold as cinnamon sticks in supermarkets)
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 tbs Coriander seeds
- 1 tbs Cumin seeds
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds
- 1 tbs Cardamom pods (about 6 pods)
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (add more if you prefer a hotter spice, or substitute for dried chillies)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- If you’re using a Thermomix, you can add all the ingredients to the bowl and whizz at speed 10 / 20 seconds. Check inside to confirm, but everything should be a fine powder.
- If you’re not using a Thermomix or similar high powered blender, add the first four ingredients, and blend for 30 seconds or until broken into pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a further 30 – 60 seconds depending on your blender, until all the spices are crushed.
- Store in an airtight container and use within a month for the best flavours.**keeperofthekitchen**