- 200g sunflower seeds •
- 60g flax seeds •
- 100g sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks •
- 500ml water •
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/ Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- 2/ In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and leave the mixture
- to stand until it is thick and pliable, about 10 minutes.
- 3/ Spread the mixture out as thinly as possible on a silicone mat on a baking tray
- (you may need two). The mix should have no holes in it.
- 4/ Bake the trays for an hour. You may need to rotate them away
- from the hot spots in the oven.
- 5/ After an hour and a few turns, it should only take another 15 to 20 minutes
- until they are seriously crispy.
- 6/ Remove them from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, break them
- into any size you like and store in an airtight container
Source: Nutty crackers – Tim Noakes