Dried Chamomile Flowers have a light pleasant fragrance, they are a yellow and brown color. Today Chamomile Flowers are best known for use in teas for calming purposes. They are also great for soothing the skin so can be used in lotions and balms.
- Chamomile is used in herbal medicine for a sore stomach, irritable bowel syndrome, and as a gentle sleep aid
- It is also used as a mild laxative and is anti-inflammatory and bactericidal
- It can be taken as an herbal tea: two teaspoons of dried flower per cup of tea, which should be steeped for 10 to 15 minutes while covered to avoid …
- For a sore stomach, some recommend taking a cup every morning without food for two to three months
- An infusion of Chamomile flowers can be used as a hair shampoo